Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Brooke's Green Soup

Okay so last night I went to Enrichment and you seriously never know what to expect as far as dinner there so you have to eat a little with the kids before you come and then you can taste it if it looks good...Well our ward has some pretty good little chefs I must say and there were four soups to choose from and a sandwhich bar...healthy and contemporary I must say...My friend Brooke made this green soup that looked really good...I tryed and loved, asked her what was in it and that's what we had tonight...Thank you Brooke!
Ingredients (what I used)
Saute:
Olive Oil (twice around the pan)
Chopped Chicken (Whole cooked chicken from the Grocery store)
Onion (Red onion)
Clove or so of Chopped Garlic (Garlic Salt)
Salt and Pepper
Add and let simmer for 20 min or so:
1-2 cans of Black Beans
1 can of Salsa Verde
1-2 cans of chicken stock
1-2 c of frozen corn (I added to recipe)
Handful of chopped cilantro (Didn't have on hand so used Parsley instead)
Serve with toppings along side:
Sour Cream
Cheese
Crushed tortilla chips
Chopped tomatoes
Avacado slices
Thanks again Brooke

No comments: