Friday, May 8, 2009

Homemade Tortillas

***Updated***
I finally found a pocket of time to try out some homemade tortillas...I did not follow the recipe below...I bought a prepackaged tortilla flour mix that you just add warm water to, knead, shape, and cook...

We then had chicken enchiladas with them...it was e z paneezie!
******************************************************


As I have been researching recipes to go along with my food storage, I have been hoping to find a simple enough recipe for tortillas...I think I have found one...Homemade Tortillas...We shall see...I will let you know how they turn out...I am hoping these will be easier than bread because I really hate baking and these you cook on the stove!

3 comments:

Tami said...

Yeah, let me know how it goes. I just found one a few days ago that's really thick, but sounds good. I was gonna try it soon.

avalusek said...

Where did you get the pack that you just add warm water. At the bigger Ralph stores you can find raw tortillas and all you have to do is cook them. I have boughten those they are great.

Lauren said...

Wmart...it's called quick farina...or something like that...